PetroNaft Consult is an independent consultancy company specializing in integrated fields of applied geosciences. The offered services include:
Performing all kinds of surface (non-invasive) geophysical measurements (electromagnetic induction–ground penetrating radar (geo-radar)–shallow seismic refraction–DC-resistivity–self-potential–magnetic gradiometer–micro-gravity survey techniques), data treatment and processing flow, and interpreting the obtained data in terms of soil/bedrock characterization, imaging ground/subterraneous water regime, minerals and ore deposits exploration, underground utilities detection and geo-environmental investigation.
Earthquakes and Seismicity Hazard Assessment Studies
Estimated peak ground accelerations (PGA) or design basis earthquake ground motion (DBEGM) all around the project area and its seismicity order which has a low/moderate/strong/very strong perceived shaking and potential damage.
Flash Flood Hazard Assessment Studies
– Constructing the digital elevation model (DEM) and drainage system of the basins/sub-basins surrounding the project area.
– Estimating morphological parameters of different Wadies, runoff volume and rural watershed coefficients.
2) Constructing the flash flood hazard map.
Geotechnical and Geo-engineering Studies
- Detailed mapping of outcrops and dipping of natural soil/rock types and man-made backfills using field observations and geophysical measurements with aid of contoured elevations and GPS navigations.
- Detailed mapping of geological hazards and their buffer (retreat setback) zones (tectonic/active and non-tectonic/non-active faults–highly-fractured/-jointed subsurface that would allow unpredictable movement of rock column/profile– unstable landslides close to the steep slopes due to their incompetent rock-forming edges–earth’s cavernous structures (cavities, caverns, Karstic networks, sinkholes and dolines).
- Determining the geotechnical–physical properties for characterizing soil/bedrock and groundwater conditions (natural water [moisture] content–clay plasticity and swelling potentials–hard rock compressive and shear strengths, dynamic/elastic properties, rock recovery (REC) and quality designation (RQD)–standard penetration test (SPT) and relative density–soil grain-size distribution [sieve and hydrometer analyses] and estimated porosity– California bearing-ratio (CBR), modified Proctor and Los Angeles abrasion-ratio tests–injurious chemical compounds [sulfates, chlorides and carbonates contents, electric conductivity and potential (groundwater/soil aggressivity)] for the freshly collected or drilled soil/rock samples.
- Major earthwork design and natural slope or foundation stabilization studies (overburden and bedrock types, local bedding directions/altitudes and joint surfaces – excavation machinery and target grading level – rock cutting and engineering fill – left slopes, retaining walls and slope stabilization procedures – protection against rock fall/slide) within the proposed project master plan. Management of natural resources (quarriable raw and building materials) within the project area.
- Digital cartography and schematic sectioning (suitable-scaled land-use suitability and geotechnical maps and composite sections).